Terms & Conditions
mymonga® Prepaid Visa Card Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to your Prepaid Card. You must read them carefully. In these Terms and Conditions:
“Additional Cardholder” means the person you have authorised to receive a Prepaid Card and undertake transactions on your behalf.
“Denominated Currency” means pounds sterling.
“e-account” means your online e-money account associated with your Prepaid Card accessed securely through the Website.
“Organisation” means your organisation or employer as applicable who fund your Prepaid Card.
“Prepaid Card” means the credEcardplus Prepaid Visa Card issued to you or to your Organisation for your use, and any additional, secondary or companion cards issued to you or your Organisation. Your Prepaid Card is an e-money product issued by Contis Financial Services Limited, Navigation House, Belmont Wharf, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1RL, which is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (registered number 900025) as an e-money issuer.
“You” means the named Prepaid Cardholder being the authorised user of the Prepaid Card and e-account and any Additional Cardholder.
You can download a copy of these Terms and Conditions at any time from our Website.
Contact Customer Services either through your e-account or by:
- Telephone: 0844 412 1717 calls are charged at 5.105p per minute from a BT landline;
SMS balance and activation number (for registered cardholders): 07770 500500 standard mobile phone charges apply, a fee is charged for a balance, please refer to Section 20 on Fees and Limits.
1. Your Prepaid Visa Card
Your Prepaid Card is not a credit card and is not in any way connected to your bank account. Funds held by us on your behalf are not deposits and you will not earn any interest on any funds loaded on your Prepaid Card or e-account.
Where you have requested Additional Prepaid Cardholders, you authorise us to issue a Prepaid Card to the Additional Prepaid Cardholder and you authorise the Additional Prepaid Cardholder to authorise transactions on your behalf. You are limited to one Additional Prepaid Cardholder unless we have agreed otherwise.
2. Applying for and activating your Prepaid Card
We may require evidence of your identity and your residential address. We may ask you or your Organisation if your card is funded by them to provide some documentary evidence to prove this and we may carry out checks on you electronically.
You can request an Additional Cardholder who must be at least 13 years old. You will be charged a fee for the additional Prepaid Cards detailed in Section 20 on Fees and Limits.
You must sign the signature strip on the back of the Prepaid Card as soon as it is received. You must then activate the Prepaid Card before you can access the funds. Your Prepaid Card must be activated within 3 months of it being issued or it will be automatically cancelled and your account will be closed. Your Prepaid Card can be activated by calling Customer Services. You will be given a PIN during the activation process which you will need to memorise.
It is your responsibility to provide Additional Cardholders with the information required to activate the Prepaid Card and retrieve the PIN.
Use of the additional Prepaid Card by an Additional Cardholder will be regarded as confirmation to us that you have communicated these Terms and Conditions to them and that they have accepted them. By activating your Prepaid Card you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Loading your Prepaid Card
A fee may apply for each load you make, please refer to Section 20 on Fees and Limits.
Certain minimum and maximum load limits apply to your Prepaid Card, such limits are detailed in Section 20 on Fees and Limits.
We reserve the right to refuse to accept any particular loading transaction if we suspect any fraudulent activity or in the event of other exceptional circumstances.
Once we have received the funds from you or your Organisation, your funds will be available for use without delay.
You can request to receive SMS notification when funds are loaded onto your card, please refer to Section 20 on Fees and Limits for the fees that would apply.
4. Using your Prepaid Card
You will need your PIN to make ATM cash withdrawals and to authorise CHIP and PIN retail purchases. You can withdraw cash at ATMs bearing the Visa acceptance mark.
We will deduct the value of your transactions from the balance on your Prepaid Card as soon as they are made. We will also deduct any applicable fees as soon as they become payable by you, see Section 20 on Fees and Limits for more information.
Your Prepaid Card is denominated in the Denominated Currency. If you make a purchase or carry out an ATM cash withdrawal in any other currency we will convert the sum into the Denominated Currency using the exchange rate set by Visa on the day they process the transaction. An international transaction fee will apply to each of these transactions (see Section 20 on Fees and Limits).
We recommend that you check the balance and any recent transactions on your Prepaid Card regularly through your e-account or by contacting Customer Services.
If you dispute a transaction that has been processed on your Prepaid Card you should contact the merchant first as this may lead to a quicker resolution. If the dispute cannot be resolved with the merchant you should contact us. We will refund the amount of any transactions which our investigations show are not authorised by you, provided you have kept your Prepaid Card and PIN secure, you have not acted fraudulently, or acted without reasonable care.
The Prepaid Card belongs to us. We may ask you to stop using your Prepaid Card and return it to us or destroy it. We may at anytime suspend, restrict or cancel your Prepaid Card or refuse to issue or replace a Prepaid Card for reasons relating to the following:
• we are concerned about security of your account or Prepaid Card we have issued to you;
• we suspect your Prepaid Card is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner;
• or we need to do so to comply with the law.
If we do this, we will tell you as soon as we can or are permitted to do so after we have taken these steps. We may cancel your card if it is dormant for a period in excess of 6 months.
Like other payment cards, we cannot guarantee a retailer will accept your Prepaid Card. We may also refuse to pay a transaction:
• if we are concerned about security of your Prepaid Card or e-account or we suspect your Prepaid Card or e-account is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner;
• if sufficient funds are not loaded on your Prepaid Card or e-account at the time of a transaction to cover the amount of the transaction and any applicable fees;
• if there is an outstanding Shortfall on the Prepaid Card in accordance with Section 10;
• if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are not using the Prepaid Card or e-account in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
• if we believe that a transaction is potentially suspicious or illegal (for example, if we believe that a transaction is being made fraudulently); or
• because of errors, failures (whether mechanical or otherwise) or refusals by merchants, payment processors or payment schemes processing transactions.
If we refuse to authorise a transaction, we will, if practicable, tell you why immediately unless it would be unlawful for us to do so. You may correct any information we hold and which may have caused us to refuse a transaction by contacting Customer Services.
5. Authorising Transactions
A Prepaid Card transaction will be regarded as authorised by you where you authorise the transaction at the point of sale by following the instructions provided by the merchant or retailer to authorise the transaction, which includes:
• entering your PIN or providing any other security code;
• signing a sales voucher;
• providing the Prepaid Card details and/or any other details as requested;
• waving or swiping the Prepaid Card over a card reader.
A Prepaid Card ATM cash withdrawal will be regarded as authorised by you when you insert your Prepaid Card and enter your PIN to request a cash withdrawal at an ATM.
An e-account transaction will be regarded as authorised by you when you access your online account using your personal security details and submit a transaction request.
Authorisation for a transaction may not be withdrawn (or revoked) by you once we have received it. However, the following transactions may be withdrawn if you give notice to the supplier (providing a copy of the notice to us):
• any transaction which is agreed to take place on a date later than the date it was authorised as long as notice was provided no later than the close of business on the business day before it was due to take place.
We may charge you a fee if a transaction is revoked by you under this condition (see Section 20 on Fees and Limits).
• for purchases and ATM transactions, at the time we receive the transaction instruction from the merchant or ATM operator;
• for other transactions which are communicated directly to us, at the time you ask us to complete the transaction or if after 2.30pm for CHAPS transfers and 5pm for other bank transfers the instruction will be deemed to have been received by us on the following business day.
6. Cancellation of your Prepaid Card
We may also cancel your agreement for any reason by giving you at least 2 month’s notice:
• if this agreement or your Prepaid Card expires on a set date and we have not agreed to renew your card or this agreement;
• if you break an important part of this agreement, or repeatedly break the agreement and fail to resolve the matter in a timely manner;
• if you act in a manner that is threatening or abusive to our staff, or any or our representatives;
• if you fail to pay fees or charges that you have incurred or fail to put right any Shortfall due on your Prepaid Card.
We may also cancel your Prepaid Card immediately if we suspect fraud or misuse of your Prepaid Card, if we have any other security concerns or we need to do so to comply with the law. If we do this, we will tell you as soon as we can or are permitted to do so. In these circumstances, you must tell us what you want us to do with any unused funds within 3 months of the date we tell you your Prepaid Card is cancelled.
You can cancel your Prepaid Card by contacting Customer Services. You should also cut your Prepaid Card in half through the signature box, magnetic strip and CHIP. You will not be entitled to a refund of money you have already spent on transactions authorised, or pending or any fees for use of the Prepaid Card before the Prepaid Card is cancelled or expires.
Your Prepaid Card will be valid for 36 months.
This agreement shall terminate when your Prepaid Card is cancelled or expires and is not replaced.
7. Your rights to redemption of funds and refunding transactions on your Prepaid Card
• You are requesting redemption before termination or expiry of this agreement;
• You cancel this agreement before any agreed termination or expiry date; or
• You request redemption more than one year after the date of termination or expiry of this agreement.
We will not redeem the value of the funds on your card to you if your request for redemption of the funds is more than six years after the date of termination or expiry of this agreement.
All funds will be returned to your Organisation or to you on the payment instrument used to fund the Prepaid Card or to a bank account in your name. If you purchased your Prepaid Card by SMS we cannot refund by this method, funds will be returned to a bank account. We reserve the right to see proof of your (or your Organisation’s) ownership of the payment instrument or bank account before transferring the funds to it. To enable us to comply with our legal obligations, we may ask you to provide us with certain information such as identification documents before we can process your refund request.
• the transaction was not authorised under this agreement;
• we are responsible for a transaction which was incorrectly executed by us (see lost, stolen or unauthorised payment section);
• a pre-authorised transaction did not specify the exact amount at the time of its authorisation and the amount charged by a supplier is more than you could reasonably have expected taking into account normal spending patterns on the Prepaid Card or the circumstances of the transaction. A claim for a refund in these circumstances will not be accepted if the amount of the transaction was made available to you at least 4 weeks before the transaction date or if the claim is made more than 8 weeks after being debited to your account.
8. Keeping your Prepaid Card secure
We recommend that you check the balance on your Prepaid Card regularly through your e-account. We can provide you with your Prepaid Card balance and a statement of recent transactions either by electronic means or through your e-account at any time. Your statement will show:
• information relating to each Prepaid Card transaction which will enable it to be identified;
• the amount of the Prepaid Card transaction shown in the currency in which the transaction was paid or debited to the account;
• the amount of charges for the transaction;
• the date the transaction is authorised or posted on to the account.
Paper statements are available on request and are subject to a fee (see Section 20 on Fees and Limits).
9. Lost, Stolen or unauthorised payment
If you believe any of your Prepaid Card transactions are unauthorised or incorrectly executed you must notify us as soon as possible but within 13 months of the date of debit. If you ask us to do so, we will investigate any disputed transaction or misuse of your Prepaid Card and we may need more information and assistance from you.
Provided you have not acted fraudulently we will refund the amount of any transactions which our investigations show are not authorised by you arising after you notify us of the loss, theft, misappropriation or unauthorised use of your Prepaid Card.
10. Your liability
In the unlikely event, for any reason whatsoever, a transaction is completed when there are insufficient funds on the Prepaid Card for that transaction (a “Shortfall”), the Shortfall shall be reimbursed by you unless it is due to an error on the part of the retailer where the Prepaid Card was presented, in this circumstance we may seek the Shortfall from the retailer.
You agree that once we make this Shortfall known to you, we may charge you for the Shortfall amount. We may charge the amount of the Shortfall from any other Prepaid Cards that you hold with us, to any other payment method which you may designate at that time, or against any funds which you may subsequently load onto your Prepaid Card or on any additional Prepaid Card ordered by you. Until we are reimbursed the Shortfall amount, we may suspend your Prepaid Card and any additional Prepaid Cards connected to you. In addition, we reserve the right to charge you an Administration Fee (see Section 20 on Fees and Limits) for each transaction that you make using your Prepaid Card that results in a Shortfall or increases the Shortfall amount on your Prepaid Card.
You agree to honour all transactions carried out by the Additional Cardholder and will be responsible for the use of the additional Prepaid Card and for any applicable fees and charges the Additional Cardholder may incur.
You agree that you have permission from the bill payer to access our SMS services.
11. Our liability
From time to time, your ability to use your Prepaid Card or e-account may be interrupted, e.g. when we carry out maintenance. If this happens, you may be unable (a) to use your Prepaid Card to pay for purchases or obtain cash from ATMs and/or (b) to obtain information about the funds available in your Prepaid Card and/or about your recent transactions. We will not be liable for any loss arising from such interruptions.
Unless otherwise required by law, we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage you may suffer including loss of revenue, goodwill, opportunity or anticipated savings as a result of your total or partial use or inability to use your Prepaid Card or e-account, or the use of your Prepaid Card or e-account by any third party.
We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased with your Prepaid Card. Remember that once you have used your Prepaid Card to make a purchase we cannot stop that transaction.
For the SMS services we offer, we are not responsible for lost, late or undelivered text messages, notifications or communications. We accept no responsibility for any technical, computer, online, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, internet, website or other access issue which may hinder your ability to access the SMS services.
12. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
Unless you tell us that you do not agree to the change prior to the change being effective we will assume you accept such change. Any objections to our charges will be treated as notification that you wish immediately to terminate. In such circumstances we will refund any balance on the Prepaid Card (in accordance with your right to a refund section) and you will not be charged a Redemption Fee.
Any changes to the exchange rate used to convert foreign transactions will be made immediately. You can find the exchange rate for a transaction made in a currency other than the Denominated Currency on a given date at:
13. Your details
14. Data protection
If you have agreed, we or other third parties may also contact you to let you know about services that are of interest to you. You can contact us if you don’t want to receive any marketing materials from us or other third parties.
We may check personal information with fraud protection agencies and other organisations and we may get information about you from recognised agencies to verify your identity. A record of such enquiries may be left on your file.
We may monitor and/or record telephone calls we have with you to help us maintain and improve the quality of the service we provide to you.
You can apply to use our SMS service to request your balance from your mobile phone and set-up SMS notifications for when money is loaded onto your Prepaid Card and when you have made a purchase or ATM withdrawal. Additional SMS services will be advertised on our Website when they become available. The SMS services are only available on phones operating on UK networks. Fees apply and are detailed in Section 20 on Fees and Limits.
17. Compensation and fund protection
19. Governing law
Notes to fees and limits: